SPX is repelled by Cycle Top resistance.
SPX rallied to a new closing high, but reversed short of its weekly Cycle Top resistance at 1877.75. Orthodox Broadening Tops are often called… Continue reading
SPX closes above the Wedge formation a second week.
After piercing the lower trendline of its Orthodox Broadening Top (Megaphone formation) at 1748.00, SPX continued to consolidate above the Wedge trendline. Phase 7… Continue reading
– VIX made an 85% retracement of its initial rally to 21.48. The resistance levels are between 13.94 and 14.44. Short-term VIX dropped today to its lowest on record, suggesting that market complacency is at record highs.
SPX closes above the Wedge formation.
– VIX probed impulsively to Cycle Top resistance before closing just beneath mid-Cycle support/resistance at 15.83. This constitutes a 65% retracement, implying the pullback may be complete, or nearly so. It has also broken through the Triangle trendline near 20.30 and paves the way for a higher move next week. Once it clears Cycle Top resistance and its Diagonal trendline, its most probable target may… Continue reading
– VIX tested mid-Cycle support/resistance and closed higher for the week. This confirms the change in trend. It is now due to break through the Triangle trendline near 20.50 and challenge the weekly Cycle Top resistance at 22.05. Its ultimate target may be above its massive 4-year Ending Diagonal at 27.50.
SPX may threaten the lower Diagonal Trendline next week.
SPX closed solidly… Continue reading
– VIX vaulted past its mid-Cycle resistance and the December high at 16.75 this week in its largest jump in 6 months. This confirms the change in trend. It is now due to break through the Triangle trendline near 21.00 and challenge the weekly Cycle Top resistance at 22.42.
SPX is now inside the Ending Diagonal.
– SPX plunged through the… Continue reading
– VIX has been challenging the lower trendline of its Triangle Formation after making a Primary Wave  low on December 26. Preliminary evidence of a reversal may come with a breakout above its January 2 high at 14.59. Confirmation of a change in trend lies at 16.06 to 16.75.
SPX bounces above its Ending Diagonal.
– SPX bounced from the upper… Continue reading
– VIX made a very deep 84.5%retracement of the rally from its Primary Wave  low on December 26. Preliminary evidence of a reversal may come with a breakout above its January 2 high at 14.59. Confirmation of a change in trend lies at 16.26 to 16.75.
SPX no longer making new highs.
– SPX made four probes at a new… Continue reading
– VIX completed its Master Cycle low on December 26 and a possible Minor Wave 1 and 2 since then. A move back above mid-Cycle support/resistance at 14.45 or a breakout above its prior high at 14.59 confirms a probable change in trend. Learn more about the Cycles Model and the outlook for 2014 by becoming a subscriber. There is a special offer for new… Continue reading
– During Christmas Week it appears that VIX completed declining in a Primary Wave . This week it closed at weekly Intermediate resistance at 13.84 and still has to overcome Long-Term resistance at 14.05, but the reversal appears real. Confirmation of a change in trend lies above that level with confirmation of the trend change at 16.44 to 16.75.
SPX reverses within the… Continue reading