– VIX appears to be challenging its cluster of resistance between 13.66 and 14.13. The 5 week breakout point is at 14.45, which may give the VIX a “green light” for a higher rally. The next breakout point would be at 21.00, the neckline of a complex inverted Head & Shoulders formation.
SPX exceeds a common wave relationship.
– VIX has either completed a truncated Primary Wave  or it is in the final stages of completion. The low on November 15 is at an appropriate time, but it could extend another week into the Thanksgiving weekend. The Cycles Model suggests that the decline is finished or very nearly so. A breakout above 13.94 will suggest the change in trend is at hand..… Continue reading
– VIX has finally completed its Primary Wave  which may have been truncated. This happens more often than one would suppose. The Cycles Model suggests that the decline is finished. Perhaps we may see new highs developing now.
SPX “throws over” its trendline.
– SPX did a final throw-over of the massive Ending Diagonal. Throw-overs do not last.… Continue reading
– VIX has been in a declining trend channel since its 7-year low in March. Usually, once the cycle low is made, the index usually reverses and begins challenging the prior highs. In this case, the VIX made two lower highs since March, remaining in the declining trend channel. This suggests we look for alternate explanations. The first that comes to mind is that the… Continue reading
– VIX appears to have completed the second right shoulder of a very complex inverted Head & Shoulders pattern over a year and a half in duration. On Wednesday, VIX spiked several times as high as 21.26, then the spikes were erased. Was that a trial run for next week?
SPX pulled back from Cycle Top resistance.
– SPX jammed… Continue reading
– VIX rose up to weekly Short-term resistance at 14.23 this week before partially correcting the move. The VIX had a very important cyclical anniversary last Friday, which coincided with its low. This appears to be a fulcrum for an unexpected reversal over the next several weeks.
SPX jammed Cycle Top resistance.
– SPX jammed up against its Weekly Cycle… Continue reading
– VIX declined from its Head & Shoulder neckline nearly down to the bottom of its Ending Diagonal. It made its low at a very important cyclical anniversary on Friday. This may serve as a fulcrum for an unexpected reversal next week. ZeroHedge comments on the divergence in the VIX on Friday afternoon.
SPX at Cycle Top resistance.
– SPX rallied… Continue reading
– VIX challenged its weekly mid-Cycle resistance at 18.86, after rising above its Model supports. Despite the efforts to slam it down all day, it closed positive for the week. A breakout above the Ending Diagonal at 18.90 gives the VIX a much higher target than the Head & Shoulders pattern.
– SPX marked 9 down days of 12… Continue reading
– VIX came alive this week as it launched above its cluster of resistance. This is the first week in a month that we did not see the VIX slammed on the Friday close. A breakout above the neckline at 21.70 may usher in the change of trend in the VIX.
SPX declines to “pre-Summers” levels.
– SPX marked 4 down… Continue reading
– VIX closed down but not out as it registered a second higher low from the March 15 Master Cycle Bottom. The record short positions in the VIX futures are about to be unwound. The third attempt to slam the VIX at the close today was a failure.
SPX gives back most of FOMC gains.
– The FOMC surprise announcement of continued… Continue reading