– VIX probed impulsively to Cycle Top resistance before closing just beneath mid-Cycle support/resistance at 15.83. This constitutes a 65% retracement, implying the pullback may be complete, or nearly so. It has also broken through the Triangle trendline near 20.30 and paves the way for a higher move next week. Once it clears Cycle Top resistance and its Diagonal trendline, its most probable target may… Continue reading
– VIX tested mid-Cycle support/resistance and closed higher for the week. This confirms the change in trend. It is now due to break through the Triangle trendline near 20.50 and challenge the weekly Cycle Top resistance at 22.05. Its ultimate target may be above its massive 4-year Ending Diagonal at 27.50.
SPX may threaten the lower Diagonal Trendline next week.
SPX closed solidly… Continue reading
– VIX vaulted past its mid-Cycle resistance and the December high at 16.75 this week in its largest jump in 6 months. This confirms the change in trend. It is now due to break through the Triangle trendline near 21.00 and challenge the weekly Cycle Top resistance at 22.42.
SPX is now inside the Ending Diagonal.
– SPX plunged through the… Continue reading
– VIX has been challenging the lower trendline of its Triangle Formation after making a Primary Wave  low on December 26. Preliminary evidence of a reversal may come with a breakout above its January 2 high at 14.59. Confirmation of a change in trend lies at 16.06 to 16.75.
SPX bounces above its Ending Diagonal.
– SPX bounced from the upper… Continue reading
– VIX made a very deep 84.5%retracement of the rally from its Primary Wave  low on December 26. Preliminary evidence of a reversal may come with a breakout above its January 2 high at 14.59. Confirmation of a change in trend lies at 16.26 to 16.75.
SPX no longer making new highs.
– SPX made four probes at a new… Continue reading
– VIX completed its Master Cycle low on December 26 and a possible Minor Wave 1 and 2 since then. A move back above mid-Cycle support/resistance at 14.45 or a breakout above its prior high at 14.59 confirms a probable change in trend. Learn more about the Cycles Model and the outlook for 2014 by becoming a subscriber. There is a special offer for new… Continue reading
– During Christmas Week it appears that VIX completed declining in a Primary Wave . This week it closed at weekly Intermediate resistance at 13.84 and still has to overcome Long-Term resistance at 14.05, but the reversal appears real. Confirmation of a change in trend lies above that level with confirmation of the trend change at 16.44 to 16.75.
SPX reverses within the… Continue reading
– VIX made a new high, challenging its weekly mid-Cycle resistance at 16.74. It closed back down in the cluster of supports between 13.42 and 14.23. It is now poised to challenge its Head & Shoulders neckline at 21.00.
SPX closes at a Broadening Top.
– SPX closed at a new high, but does so within the context of an… Continue reading
– VIX closed above last week’s high. It now has a “green light” for a higher rally. The next breakout point may be near 21.00, at the neckline of a complex inverted Head & Shoulders formation. It may happen faster than you imagine.
SPX closes beneath important supports.
– SPX closed beneath its Ending Diagonal trendline and weekly Short-term support at 1780.63. The… Continue reading
– VIX broke out above its support/resistance cluster between 13.33 and 14.16, then closed within the group. It now has a “green light” for a higher rally. The next breakout point may be near 21.00, at the neckline of a complex inverted Head & Shoulders formation.
SPX challenges its trendline, closes above it.
– SPX challenged its Short-term support at… Continue reading