SPX forms a Broadening Top.
SPX appears to be in the final phase of a Broadening Top (Megaphone) formation. Despite making an all-time closing high, a Broadening Top . It is noteworthy to… Continue reading
– VIX made a new weekly low, but did not retest the lower trendline of its Ending Diagonal as it put in an early trading cycle low on Monday. The ensuing rally may be surprisingly sharp and strong as it takes out overhead resistance..
SPX extends its top.
SPX made its final high on Tuesday, extending the Cyclical Bull Market by another week. Round number… Continue reading
– VIX closed at its weekly low, possibly intended to retest the lower trendline of its Ending Diagonal before reversing higher. It is on track to make a Trading Cycle low on Wednesday. Once accomplished, the ensuing rally may be surprisingly sharp and strong.
SPX re-enters its Ending Diagonal.
SPX re-entered its Ending Diagonal and appears to be capable of challenging the upper trendline one… Continue reading
– VIX broke above its Ending Diagonal trendline but pulled back within the formation. It closed above Intermediate-term support at 12.54. It may be capable of a breakout above prior highs in the next week or so.
SPX’s closed beneath its Ending Diagonal trendline.
SPX made a 61.8% retracement of its decline this week, but stayed beneath the lower trendline… Continue reading
SPX’s closes flat this week.
SPX made a new high on Thursday but closed flat for the week. On Friday, it tested its weekly Short-term support for the second time since April. The surprise of the week is that the… Continue reading
– VIX appears to have ended its decline at four degrees of trend on July 3. On Thursday it had its biggest 1-day rally in six months. Now for the follow-through.
SPX’s higher close masks a lot of turmoil underneath.
This is the second consecutive week that SPX could not make a new high. On Thursday, it tested its weekly Short-term support for the first… Continue reading
– VIX traded in a range above its Ending Diagonal trendline, closing with a weekly gain. While the “old VIX” (VXO) plunged to a record low this week, the VIX was not perturbed.
SPX closes beneath the Diagonal trendline.
SPX made a new high on Tuesday, but stayed inside its Ending Diagonal formation. Tuesday was the last day in which SPX could make a… Continue reading
- VIX managed a final plunge beneath its Ending Diagonal trendline before closing above it. This may have completed the throw-under of Super Cycle Wave (b) in the VIX. What could possibly go wrong?
SPX closes at the Cycle Top.
SPX closed higher, but inside its Ending Diagonal formation. This is the third weekly close at the Cycle Top, but not above it. Lower Ending… Continue reading
SPX closes in the red.
SPX had its first weekly loss since early April as it fell back inside its Ending Diagonal formation. Lower Ending Diagonal trendline and weekly Intermediate-term support lie at 1876.00, which may… Continue reading
– VIX is making what is called a throw-under low, challenging the closing low made in January 2007. The final descent was particularly sharp in the past two days, suggesting an invisible hand at work.
SPX closes in on the Upper Trendline.
SPX is making new highs as it closes the gap between it and its Ending Diagonal trendline and weekly Cycle Top resistance at… Continue reading