– VIX made a new high, challenging its weekly mid-Cycle resistance at 16.74. It closed back down in the cluster of supports between 13.42 and 14.23. It is now poised to challenge its Head & Shoulders neckline at 21.00.
SPX closes at a Broadening Top.
– SPX closed at a new high, but does so within the context of an… Continue reading
– VIX closed above last week’s high. It now has a “green light” for a higher rally. The next breakout point may be near 21.00, at the neckline of a complex inverted Head & Shoulders formation. It may happen faster than you imagine.
SPX closes beneath important supports.
– SPX closed beneath its Ending Diagonal trendline and weekly Short-term support at 1780.63. The… Continue reading
– VIX broke out above its support/resistance cluster between 13.33 and 14.16, then closed within the group. It now has a “green light” for a higher rally. The next breakout point may be near 21.00, at the neckline of a complex inverted Head & Shoulders formation.
SPX challenges its trendline, closes above it.
– SPX challenged its Short-term support at… Continue reading
– VIX appears to be challenging its cluster of resistance between 13.66 and 14.13. The 5 week breakout point is at 14.45, which may give the VIX a “green light” for a higher rally. The next breakout point would be at 21.00, the neckline of a complex inverted Head & Shoulders formation.
SPX exceeds a common wave relationship.
– VIX has either completed a truncated Primary Wave  or it is in the final stages of completion. The low on November 15 is at an appropriate time, but it could extend another week into the Thanksgiving weekend. The Cycles Model suggests that the decline is finished or very nearly so. A breakout above 13.94 will suggest the change in trend is at hand..… Continue reading
– VIX has finally completed its Primary Wave  which may have been truncated. This happens more often than one would suppose. The Cycles Model suggests that the decline is finished. Perhaps we may see new highs developing now.
SPX “throws over” its trendline.
– SPX did a final throw-over of the massive Ending Diagonal. Throw-overs do not last.… Continue reading
– VIX has been in a declining trend channel since its 7-year low in March. Usually, once the cycle low is made, the index usually reverses and begins challenging the prior highs. In this case, the VIX made two lower highs since March, remaining in the declining trend channel. This suggests we look for alternate explanations. The first that comes to mind is that the… Continue reading
– VIX appears to have completed the second right shoulder of a very complex inverted Head & Shoulders pattern over a year and a half in duration. On Wednesday, VIX spiked several times as high as 21.26, then the spikes were erased. Was that a trial run for next week?
SPX pulled back from Cycle Top resistance.
– SPX jammed… Continue reading
– VIX rose up to weekly Short-term resistance at 14.23 this week before partially correcting the move. The VIX had a very important cyclical anniversary last Friday, which coincided with its low. This appears to be a fulcrum for an unexpected reversal over the next several weeks.
SPX jammed Cycle Top resistance.
– SPX jammed up against its Weekly Cycle… Continue reading
– VIX declined from its Head & Shoulder neckline nearly down to the bottom of its Ending Diagonal. It made its low at a very important cyclical anniversary on Friday. This may serve as a fulcrum for an unexpected reversal next week. ZeroHedge comments on the divergence in the VIX on Friday afternoon.
SPX at Cycle Top resistance.
– SPX rallied… Continue reading