– VIX completed a Minor degree Triangle formation today, implying a continuation of the direction of Minor Wave A. The Cycles inverted, suggesting the next peak may occur the first week of March. A rally above the Head & Shoulders neckline may get very exciting.
SPX closes at new all-time high.
SPX’s test of Long-term support at 1984.63 gave it the impetus to make a… Continue reading
– VIX closed closed within its 5-week trading range, still poised for a potential breakout above its October 15 high. The Cycles Model projects a probable rally top by mid- February. It may get very exciting.
SPX bounced from Long-term support, but still negative for the year.
SPX tested Long-term support at 1979.23 before bouncing to the top of its trading range, but missing the… Continue reading
– VIX closed clearly above its Cycle Top resistance at 19.40 and is poised for a potential breakout above its October 15 high. The Cycles Model projects a probable rally top by mid- February. It may get very exciting.
SPX lost key support at 2000.00.
SPX just had its lowest weekly close of the year. The next critical support is the weekly Long-term support… Continue reading
– VIX continued to challenge its Cycle Top resistance at 19.18 but closed above it. Fortunately, it closed above both Intermediate-term support at 16.32 and Short-term support at 16.62. The Cycles Model suggests a probable rally top by the end of January or early February. It may get very exciting.
SPX continues its sideways consolidation.
SPX continued its sideways consolidation between Intermediate-term support at 2021.03… Continue reading
– VIX rallied above Cycle Top resistance at 19.16 and closed above it. This is the third close above Cycle Top support/resistance since the first week of October. The Cycles Model suggests a probable rally top by the end of January. It may get very exciting.
SPX made a new low but closed above Intermediate-term support.
SPX spent a… Continue reading
– VIX rallied above Cycle Top resistance at 18.95, but completed its retracement beneath it. Next week should add to the excitement, as VIX is capable of exceeding its October high at 31.06. The Cycles Model suggests a probable rally top within a week. It may get very exciting.
SPX challenges Intermediate-term support.
SPX challenged its Intermediate-term support at 2016.45 before retracing back to its… Continue reading
– VIX rallied to challenge its weekly Cycle Top resistance at 18.91, closing beneath it. Next week should add to the excitement, as VIX rises further to challenge its October high at 31.06. The Cycles Model suggests a probable two week rally still ahead.
SPX challenges Short-term support.
– VIX closed above Long-term support at 13.93 and weekly mid-cycle support at 14.24. Partial retracements such as this are a warning that Volatility may continue to rise. The Cycles Model suggests a possible 3-week rally ahead.
SPX has a quiet holiday week.
SPX had a quiet but positive week closing near the upper trendline of the Orthodox Broadening top at 2100.00. Final resolution of… Continue reading
– VIX rose above Cycle Top resistance at 19.05, giving a clear equities sell signal. It appears that VIX may rise above the Head & Shoulders neckline at 31.06, introducing a new upside target. This may happen rather precipitously next week.
SPX has biggest weekly decline since November 2011.
SPX reached a Trading Cycle Pivot on Friday December 5, giving no advance notice of this… Continue reading
– VIX challenged its mid-Cycle resistance at 14.24, then made a deeper Wave  low. This completes a reversal pattern at the start of a Primary Wave  which may meet or exceed the Head & Shoulders target listed on the chart.
SPX continues to probe its Broadening Top trendline.