– VIX reached its lowest point since the first week of December. This was done through a zigzag extension from the February 25 low. VIX goes back on a buy signal (SPX sell) above 14.29 – 14.50. The reversal may be abrupt…
SPX rallies, but no new high.
SPX rallied nearly 55 points this week, but could not close at a new high. Should it… Continue reading
– VIX challenged Intermediate-term resistance at 16.17, but did not close above it this week. A rally above Short-term resistance at 16.60 and Cycle Top resistance at 19.02 may put the VIX into high gear.
SPX loses its supports.
SPX closed beneath Short-term support at 2062.02 this week. Long-term support at 2004.13 and the Broadening Wedge trendline puts the uptrend in jeopardy. The uptrend may… Continue reading
- VIX a rally above weekly mid-Cycle resistance at 14.26 and Short-term resistance at 15.77 put the VIX on a buy signal (SPX sell signal. A rally above Long-term resistance at 16.77 and the Cycle Top resistance at 18.99 may put the VIX into high gear…
SPX has its first weekly loss since January.
SPX gave up all of its gains for 2015 as it… Continue reading
VIX extended the “tail” of its Triangle formation this week, bottoming on Wednesday. A rally above the mid-Cycle resistance at 14.24 may confirm that the reversal to new highs may be underway. A rally above the Head & Shoulders neckline may get very exciting.
SPX made a new all-time high, but closed the week at a loss.
SPX made a new intra-day high at… Continue reading
– VIX completed a Minor degree Triangle formation today, implying a continuation of the direction of Minor Wave A. The Cycles inverted, suggesting the next peak may occur the first week of March. A rally above the Head & Shoulders neckline may get very exciting.
SPX closes at new all-time high.
SPX’s test of Long-term support at 1984.63 gave it the impetus to make a… Continue reading
– VIX closed closed within its 5-week trading range, still poised for a potential breakout above its October 15 high. The Cycles Model projects a probable rally top by mid- February. It may get very exciting.
SPX bounced from Long-term support, but still negative for the year.
SPX tested Long-term support at 1979.23 before bouncing to the top of its trading range, but missing the… Continue reading
– VIX closed clearly above its Cycle Top resistance at 19.40 and is poised for a potential breakout above its October 15 high. The Cycles Model projects a probable rally top by mid- February. It may get very exciting.
SPX lost key support at 2000.00.
SPX just had its lowest weekly close of the year. The next critical support is the weekly Long-term support… Continue reading
– VIX continued to challenge its Cycle Top resistance at 19.18 but closed above it. Fortunately, it closed above both Intermediate-term support at 16.32 and Short-term support at 16.62. The Cycles Model suggests a probable rally top by the end of January or early February. It may get very exciting.
SPX continues its sideways consolidation.
SPX continued its sideways consolidation between Intermediate-term support at 2021.03… Continue reading
– VIX rallied above Cycle Top resistance at 19.16 and closed above it. This is the third close above Cycle Top support/resistance since the first week of October. The Cycles Model suggests a probable rally top by the end of January. It may get very exciting.
SPX made a new low but closed above Intermediate-term support.
SPX spent a… Continue reading
– VIX rallied above Cycle Top resistance at 18.95, but completed its retracement beneath it. Next week should add to the excitement, as VIX is capable of exceeding its October high at 31.06. The Cycles Model suggests a probable rally top within a week. It may get very exciting.
SPX challenges Intermediate-term support.
SPX challenged its Intermediate-term support at 2016.45 before retracing back to its… Continue reading